Monday, July 8, 2013

Home

For the first time in 6 years all of my stuff is in one place.  Things are not so different now, except that I am 6 years older, have more grey hair and some extra weight. Only one dog came home with me, and he is deaf.  Tuck is still a great companion, and sticks close to me when I am home.  The vinyl floors aren't good for chasing his toys, so we do that in the bedroom where it's carpeted.

It is amazing how many toothbrushes I have!  Along with partially used tubes of toothpaste, bottles of shower gel and shampoos.  I have a suitcase for every length trip imaginable, and doubles if not triples on electronic stuff... chargers, laptops, cases for those, head sets, TVs.  I intend to donate a bunch of this to the Boys and Girls Clubs [they will come pick it up!] or pass it along to others in need.  I am holding a couple of things for people who have been staying at my house in my absence, and hope to give those back soon, too.

I just want to take all the clothes in my closet and give them away.  While I've been working out of town, I've had a pretty scaled-back household... It will take awhile, and I know this place will start looking like me again soon.

I so appreciate that the house is here for me and has helped others to get on their feet while I've been away.  It's good to be home.

No comments: