Friday, December 7, 2012

My Favorite Movies from 1971

Harry Nilsson's "The Point" and "Harold and Maude".  I watched them both last night.  If you haven't seen them lately, or at all, I recommend that you do.  You can catch Harold and Maude on Netflix [Maude: Harold, everyone has the right to make an ass out of themselves. You just can't let the world judge you too much. ]  I don't know where to find "The Point" [Oblio:  It seems to me that the pointed man is just about the only person we've met here (in the pointless forest) who doesn't have a point."]  I got a copy from Amazon because I just had to.

It is apparent that these movies, my friends at the time, and the things I was involved in as a person of 18 near the end of the Vietnam war, have colored my entire world view.  Let's look at what we're allowing our teen and young adults to experience now and be more aware of just how important these years are to their happiness later in life.

No comments: