Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fun times

Here's a picture of my two favorite motorcycles in the whole world.  My garage is big enough to hold them both, and I am in the process of switching from riding the one in the back to riding the one in the front.  These are my favorites because I have been fortunate in that a friend and I used to ride [her's was the red one, and mine the black one] together a lot.  Riding with her was a joy, and I would often think, while sitting at a stop light that she should just cut the unnecessary revving.... and that I loved the feeling of companionship, like purpose, shared joy and non-verbal communication we shared.  We could navigate traffic on the Vegas Strip and open road alike with ease and safety without a word; we shared a penchant for ice cream at the end of a summer evening ride, or breakfast at Callville Bay.  I am more than pleased to love and care for her bike going forward and to pass mine along to another friend who is new to riding and will find her own joy on the road.  We are family.  I know that these two bikes will remain friends and have many more fun times together.

No comments: