Sunday, April 13, 2014

Thursday's Banana

It's Sunday.  There is a banana that I picked up on Thursday.  It was the perfect combination of ripe and not yet too ripe.  The perfect color and texture, the perfect weight, hardness/softness, size.  I didn't eat it when it was perfect.  I waited until Friday.... there were a few spots, I didn't pick it up at all, I was busy.  On Saturday the peal appeared with more dark spots and lines along edges... the stem looked a bit thinner.  I didn't pick it up.  I thought to myself  "it's past the point I want to eat it.  I'll put it in a smoothey."  I didn't do that.  It's Sunday, the banana is where I left it on Thursday, looking a bit worse for the wear.  I'm almost afraid to touch it and mostly want to throw it away.  For some people, this banana NOW is perfect.... the perfect color, size, ripeness, texture.  Not for me.  I should have eaten it Thursday, now all I have is regret.

No comments: