Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Play all the Music

Every once in awhile, I try to play through all my music.  Sometimes I skip the holiday stuff.  The idea that I can actually have it all together in one place [iPod] used to just amaze me.  Now I rely on it.  When I think back to when I was young and had one album, the Rolling Stones first record sold in the US, that I would play over and over, and not with head phones... my whole family had to listen with me as there was one record player in the house.  Playing all the music then took a lot less time than now.  I can listen for days and not get through all my music.  I can do it privately, at work, in the car, while I'm dropping off to sleep, to wake me up in the morning.  Surf music and Italian pop, rap and country, folk music and hip-hop, with a little disco thrown in of course.  Its all music I picked myself.  Its all a reflection of something about me.  It all speaks to me.  All the music is me.  I am all the music.

No comments: