Monday, March 26, 2012

Time away

Vacations can be a time when we can relax, do or see something new or different, travel, or stay home.  They are times when we visit relatives or go to weddings.  They can be peaceful times or times of turmoil.  No matter what happens on vacation, it is still up to each of us to determine how we are going to react, and therefore how peaceful these times away may be.  I am adding a new picture to this blog that shows the boys swimming in the lake where I grew up on March 21.  It is a peaceful picture I have in my mind, the sun going down, the boys enjoying the water, the gently sound of small waves reaching the little beach by my feet.  It was a family visit with my mom who will be 93 this spring.  She 'doesn't feel death around' her, and she doesn't see any reason to die. She's in good mental and physical health and gets outside every day.  She made it clear that she loves us.  One of my better 'times away'.

No comments: