Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ch Ch Ch Ch Changes

Turn and face the strange changes.....  Impermanence is Buddha Nature.  I see that, and I see that Buddha nature or not, we can't stop change from happening.  There's a book called "If the Buddha Got Stuck" by Charlotte Kasl.  It's a great little book with lots of good information on what to do when you find yourself just not able to adjust to change, or even see that it's all around.  The idea of the buddha getting stuck, when what he's about is NOT getting stuck on anything is sort of funny.  But, I suppose there was a time when even he wasn't all that enlightened, and figured the world was a specific way and it would stay that way.  Maybe it's just growing up or growing old, but I find that I expect fewer and fewer things to be the same the next time I see them.  Of course, to stop moving is to die, and death is just another change.  And then what happens when we die?  We continue to change... our bodies change, our spirit is released to new lessons, our chemicals and moisture are returned to the world, and what we leave behind in others evolves as they need it to evolve.  So,we can't 'count' on anything.  OK. I can live with that.  Thank you David Bowie.

No comments: