Friday, April 6, 2012

Don't try to save the pizza

Here's what happened.  The boys and I went to a restaurant where they served stuffed crust Chicago style pizza.  We ordered too much.  It was one of the best pizzas I've had in my life [next to Pisanello's in Mt. Pleasant, of course - one can never match that college town pizza], and I wanted to take the three pieces we couldn't eat right then.  So, they get wrapped up by the waiter, and labeled and we each put a piece in our backpacks.  Luckily, we checked on them before they leaked all over our stuff.  In the end, we threw them away, as we were too full to just eat them, and not willing to keep them and have the mess.  For me, the lesson is; if you get more than you need and can't use, let the rest go, even if it may seem like a waste.  Holding onto something that 'might be' useful at some unknown future time can backfire on you and make a mess in the present.

No comments: