Thursday, November 8, 2012

Passwords

So, one of the benefits of blogging every day is that I don't have to log back in each time.  That's a treat, because it seems like I'm logging in to things all the time.  Each thing I log in to has a different password, that password expires after 90 days or 120 days, or not at all if I'm lucky.  Even Yahoo, with whom I had the same password for over 15 years made me change it... make it longer and more complex.  Yikes!  AND everyone recommends that the password be unique for that application, site, program, etc.  Unique my butt. If I had to come up with and remember unique passwords for everything, I'd need a secure database that I'd need a password to get in to.  So, against all recommendations and reprimands, I keep a list on a device that has no password.  I won't even recommend this to others as I know we live in a world that may be unsafe for you at any moment.  The big question is not where Joan's passwords are, but why she needs them in the first place.

No comments: