Monday, November 26, 2012

Unexpected Mentor

I have one.  I hope you have one, too.  This is someone who appeared in my life when I wasn't expecting anything...and when I didn't think I needed it.  But, as the saying goes; "when the student is ready, the teacher appears."  I guess I was ready.  Let's just say that I have a deep appreciation for her and her presence in my life.  She is one of the best gifts I've ever been given.  I feel that she 'gets' me and there are no strings, hidden agenda, demands, etc. other than that I should bring the real Joan to the moment... and by some miracle, that's enough.  I feel free where she is.  This feeling is not isolated to those times when we are in the same place, or even when we're talking on the phone or in e-mail; it happens whenever I think of her and it bleeds into all the time.  

My wish for the world would be that everyone receive a gift such as she has been for me.  I can't think of anything better.  It can happen at any time.

No comments: