Thursday, December 15, 2011

People 2 [too]

One way to handle people, including ourselves, is to keep in mind that everyone is different, and we all have choices ALL THE TIME.  We can and do decide how to respond.  There are lots of moments in life, and every one is a fresh opportunity to be and do something different.  Pause for the length of a breath. [My grandmother would have said; 'count to ten before you do something you might regret.']  Let the irritating moment pass.  It will.  I am lucky to have had people in my life who challenged me to veer off the known path, to no longer take the safe road, to really recognize the truth in life, which sometimes takes courage.  Letting things go, letting them be and accepting that can be hard, and it is a way to peace.  My appreciation for this lesson is immeasurable.

No comments: