Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Life's Little Annoyances

So, I'm not sure what the real value of having really good communication tools, things on record that should be shared and known lines of communication [some prescribed by law] if people don't use them.  I am also amazed at how quickly people and organizations are to sue others in court, when no harm has truly occured.  I suppose it's all about somebody deciding, based on something real or imagined, that instead of dealing directly with the person who has supposedly done the harm and working things out in a win-win situation; involving attorneys and courts is a better idea, or the only recourse.  Now, I'm not talking anything really big here, the part that hurts and angers me is worth less than $500 and in the greater scheme of things, that's just piddly.  So, I take my deep breath, and try to figure out a way to feel calm about having to pay for a mistake that was not mine, and for which I have already made what I consider to be a reasonable settlement.  Apparently there is disagreement.  I am completely responsible for unknown errors made by unknown corporate others which I attempted to correct as soon as it came to my attention.  My current challenge is to remain calm, centered and articulate when I write my letter, and remember that I am dealing with more than one set of expectations, more than one person making judgement and more than one set of community values.  I will also give this a day or so and write that letter when the initial hurt has subsided a bit.  My apologies to all the good attorneys out there; this feels like money-grabbing, pure and simple.  I guess for this, I have divine justice or karma in which to place my faith.  This is a test, this is only a test.  If this were a real emergency, I would be completely alone in the world.  I'm not, keep breathing. 

No comments: