Thursday, January 19, 2012

Old Friends

Old friends are something special.  As I get older, so do they.  The years add up, and we discover that we have been friends most of our lives, where at another time, we had only been friends for a year.  The time passes and we drift in and out of touch.  When we see each other, there may be more grey hair in the room, or more family members to talk about; the friendship may need a bit of refreshing.....and it's still there.  It is so amazing to me that I have a person in my life who has been my friend for over 42 years.  She always contacts me on my birthday, and I rarely remember exactly when hers is, I just know that it's coming up soon, it's in January and is on one of the 20 days.  This message, today is for Margi, whose name I will always spell like that, who taught me to walk slowly somewhere in New Haven the day we went to see "Yellow Submarine", and with whom I have spent time on no more than 6 occasions.  She is always in my heart, and I am so happy knowing that she is in the world somewhere. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, dear Friend. My life is a wonderful adventure and I am glad that you have been a fellow traveller for nearly all of it. You are never far away because you are always in my heart. Love forever.