Thursday, February 2, 2012

Blue Skies

Where I live now there are lots of days with blue skies, or at least some part of the day, you can see blue sky somewhere if you look for it. Very rarely do the clouds hang around, low and menacing, all day. There are places where people aren't so fortunate; where clouds hang around all day and often leak rain or snow [especially this time of year]. Sometimes life feels like a really cloudy day; you can't see very far, there is a heaviness in the air around you with no blue sky above and no forcast for sunshine tomorrow. Well, maybe we just have to provide that sunshine/blue sky for ourselves, and for those around us. Maybe we just take that "nothing day, and suddenly make it all see worthwhile" by bringing a smile to strangers, a gentle word to someone we rarely speak to, or simply holding the door for someone whether or not they 'need' it. Start the blue skies where you are, the weather will change quickly for yourself and everyone around you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wise woman once said, "there are two kinds of people in this world, those that bring you energy and those that take energy from you." Thanks for the energy. I suppose a longing to feel the sun on my face is what brought me to this blog spot.
Bring to me that which I am missing so that I might pass it on.

Fran

Unknown said...

You will always get what you ask for. :) Ask for lots!

Patty said...

Blue skys in a dreay place
make my heart sing
Cool, crisp air fill
my lungs to remind me
I am alive.
Energy is all around me
vibrating through my soul
Breath deeply when the sky
calls you.